/ centre d'aide
|2. Browser extension|
Set Qwant as your homepage on Safari
Click on the “Safari” tab, and then on “Preferences.”
In the top menu, click on the “General” button (it looks like a power switch!).
In the “Homepage field”, enter the URL “https://www.qwant.com/” and close the window.
Qwant will open by default the next time you launch Safari.
Download Qwant extension
Click here to download the Qwant extension of Safari
With the Qwant extension, all of the web is accessible on one single page!
The Qwant extension compliments your search experience with added and more detailed information. It is also a shortcut to your favorite search engine.
Find the Qwant extension in your browser’s toolbar, to the left of the URL address bar. This shortcut enables you to quickly search with Qwant while also keeping your usual search engine.
Results from Qwant are sorted into categories (Web, News, Social, Images and Videos) to enrich your results with new suggestions, no matter what search engine you use.
With the Qwant extension, you can also perform searches from the address bar.
Why does Safari tells me that Qwant can access my data?
When you install Qwant for Safari, Apple’s browser may display a message that warns that Qwant for Safari can read, modify and transmit content, including “sensitive information like passwords, phone numbers and credit cards“. This sounds worrying but it is a standard security message from Apple, which is much scarier than necessary — although it is true that you should always be wary of extensions you install, many of which try to invade your privacy.
This message is displayed because we have to detect if the extension is installed on your browser, so that we don’t uselessly offer to install it again. In order to do that, we have to see when you open Qwant.com, and slightly modify its content to remove the button that offers to install the extension. This is the one and only reason why this message is displayed.
- How to search with Qwant?
- Refine its search with operators
- How do you filter results?
- How to use Qwick search shortcuts?
- Suggest a search to a friend with "Let me Qwant that for you"
- How are the hot trends on the homepage chosen?
- On which Operating Systems and browsers can I use Qwant?
- How to disable my ad blocker on Qwant ?
- Add Qwant on desktop
- Instant answers
- My account
- How to get my website listed on Qwant?
- How do I get Qwant News to refer to my website?
- Qwant Lite: for old browsers
- How can I include a search form from Qwant on my website?
- Add Qwant on tablet and mobile