/ centre d'aide
|3. Default search engine|
Donwload the Qwant extension
Installing the Qwant extension couldn’t be easier! Go to the Qwant extension page In the Chrome Web Store and download it.
Set Qwant as your homepage on Chrome browser
A homepage is the first webpage that appears when you open your browser. To set Qwant as your homepage on your browser, please follow these steps:
Click on the menu button located at the top-right corner of the browser window and select “Settings”. A new tab will open.
In the “On startup” section, click on the blue link “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
Then type “https://www.qwant.com/” in the “add a new page” field.
Click “Add” to save changes.
Qwant will open by default the next time you launch Google Chrome.
Set Qwant as your default search engine on Chrome browser
To set Qwant as your default search engine and access it from the search bar or URL address bar, you can also follow these steps:
Visit the web page https://www.qwant.com/
Click on the Chrome menu in the upper right corner.
Under the “Search Engine” section, click on “Manage Search Engines”.
If Qwant doesn’t appear in the list, add it to the “Other search engines” list. Click on “Add”, a window will open :
- Type “Qwant” in the “Name” field
- “q” in the “Keyword” field
- and “https://www.qwant.com/?q=%s” in the “URL” field
Qwant will appear in the “Other search engines” section. Click on the three points at the end of the line where appear “qwant.com” and choose “Make default”.
Qwant is now the default search engine on your browser.
- How to search with Qwant?
- Refine its search with operators
- How do you filter results?
- How to use Qwick search shortcuts?
- Suggest a search to a friend with "Let me Qwant that for you"
- How are the hot trends on the homepage chosen?
- On which Operating Systems and browsers can I use Qwant?
- How to disable my ad blocker on Qwant ?
- Add Qwant on desktop
- Instant answers
- My account
- How to get my website listed on Qwant?
- How do I get Qwant News to refer to my website?
- Qwant Lite: for old browsers
- How can I include a search form from Qwant on my website?
- Add Qwant on tablet and mobile
- Qwant Causes