/ centre d'aide
|3. Default search engine|
Install the Qwant add-on for Firefox
Use Qwant as the default search engine and easily protect you from tracking. Go to the Qwant for Firefox extension page in the Firefox Add-ons to download it.
How it works
The Qwant extension makes it easy to turn Firefox Tracking Protection to protect your privacy as you browse the Web and to let websites know you do not want to be tracked. To do so, simply activate the “Tracking Protection”.
Simply access Qwant features
By logging into your account directly via the extension, you can access the main features of Qwant. On the right side of Firefox’s toolbar, near the menu button, the extension allows you to quickly access your account settings, Boards, Bookmarks…
Qwant Bookmarks let you create a handy list of shortcuts to your favorite websites. The Firefox extension makes adding these bookmarks easier with the “New Bookmark” button. They are also directly available from the Bookmarks menu in Firefox.
Collect your favorite content by adding them to Qwant Boards. Enrich your boards of web content you browse with the “Add to boards” button on the extension window.
On desktop, set Qwant as the homepage of your Firefox browser
Click on the top right icon of the menu, then select “Options”. A new window will open.
In the side menu, click on the “General” button.
Qwant will open by default upon the next launch of Firefox.
On desktop, set Qwant as your default search engine
You have two options:
Option 1: Click on the magnifying glass in the search bar of the toolbar, click right on the Qwant logo and select “Set As Default Search Engine”.
Option 2: Click on the top right icon of the menu, then select “Options”. A new window will open.
In the side menu, click on the “Search” button. Open the drop menu of the “Default Search Engine” section and choose Qwant.
Qwant is now the default search engine on your browser.
- How to search with Qwant?
- Refine its search with operators
- How do you filter results?
- How to use Qwick search shortcuts?
- Suggest a search to a friend with "Let me Qwant that for you"
- How are the hot trends on the homepage chosen?
- On which Operating Systems and browsers can I use Qwant?
- How to disable my ad blocker on Qwant ?
- Add Qwant on desktop
- Instant answers
- My account
- How to get my website listed on Qwant?
- How do I get Qwant News to refer to my website?
- Qwant Lite: for old browsers
- How can I include a search form from Qwant on my website?
- Add Qwant on tablet and mobile