/ centre d'aide
How to report unlawful content?
Unlawful content is content that is forbidden by law. For instance it includes contents that promote crimes against humanity, that incite or applaude terrorist actions, that incite hatred against people because of their race, their gender, their sexual preferences, or their disability. It also includes child pornography, contents that incite violence and harm human dignity, or contents that infringe on intellectual property rights.
Even when they shock us, immoral content or content that harm your interests will only be erased from Qwant.com search results if they are obviously illicit.
Moreover, Qwant is just a search engine. We can’t act against the content itself. If you find unlawful content on the Internet, you must report it first and foremost to the website you found it on, or then to its hosting company. The content will then be removed from the Web, and won’t be accessible via Qwant nor via any other search engine.
You can also report the most serious offenses to the police. They will open an investigation regarding the source of the content, which could lead to prosecution.
If you did all this but that it looks urgent to you that unlawful content be removed from Qwant results, you can report links that lead to illicit content. In accordance with French law (loi n° 2004-575 du 21 juin 2004 pour la confiance dans l’économie numérique, art.6), the person who reports unlawful content must tell:
- the date of the report;
- if you are an individual: your name, firstnames, profession, home address, date and location of birth; if you are an organization: the type of organization, its name, the address of its head office, and the name of the representative;
- the name and address of the recipient or, it is a organization, its name and head office;
- the description of the litigious facts and their exact location;
- the reasons why content must be removed, including legal references and facts justifications;
- the copy of messages sent to the author or publisher of the litigious information or activities that require their suspension, withdrawal or alteration, or the justification why the author or publisher could not be contacted.
You can transmit such complete reports to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete notifications can not be processed.
- Our philosophy
- Why this name "Qwant"?
- Where is Qwant located?
- How does Qwant make money?
- How does Qwant index the web ?
- How to contribute to Qwant's open source projects
- How to report unlawful content?
- How to exercise my "right to be forgotten"?
- Contact Qwant