/ centre d'aide
How are my preferences saved on Qwant?
When you change your preferences on Qwant, we must use a technical cookie to store them on the computer, phone, tablet or other device you are using. This cookie is not used to identify you or to personalise advertising through targeting. It is used by us to:
- adapt the presentation of our site to the display preferences of the terminal (language used, search country, theme chosen, etc.) during your visit;
- save your settings for the next session;
- memorise information relating to forms you have filled in on the site or information you have chosen on the site (filtering parameters, activation of trends on the home page, activation of news next to the web results, etc.).
These cookies are so-called “proprietary” cookies, i.e. installed by Qwant. They are not third-party cookies, which are a type of cookie installed by another entity than the one of the site consulted (for example, a cookie deposited by a third-party advertising agency on the site).
These cookies remain on your device after you close your browser, for a period of 6 months from the first time they are deposited on your terminal, and are activated each time you browse Qwant.
The first time you change your settings on your Qwant profile, you are informed that we deposit these cookies via the site.
You can disable these cookies in your browser options.
If you disable the setting of cookies, or delete the cookies that are set, you should be aware that your browsing and experience on our site may be different from that of other users who have cookies enabled. This may be the case where we are unable to recognise language and display settings.
For more information
You can visit the CNIL website for information about cookies at https://www.cnil.fr/en/cookies-and-other-tracking-devices-council-state-issues-its-decision-cnil-guidelines
- Add Qwant on desktop
- Instant answers
- My account
- How to get my website listed on Qwant?
- How do I get Qwant News to refer to my website?
- Qwant Lite: for old browsers
- How can I include a search form from Qwant on my website?
- Add Qwant on tablet and mobile
- Qwant Causes
- Sponsored partnerships